The Kite Factory mission statement is to take brands to new heights using heart, art and science. We are the free-thinking media agency for brands with big plans.
We have just completed the phase 1 rollout of our new reporting and insight engine which we have called FlightDeck. Using Adverity technology we have created dashboards for all of our existing clients to replace excel based reporting.
The team are now at capacity maintaining the dashboards, setting up new campaigns and onboarding new clients but we have grand plans to launch lots of new functionality and integrations. Adverity have over 400 pre-existing API connectors for easy integration and the capability to support bespoke sources of data which we want to start exploiting.
We want someone to come in and evolve FlightDeck beyond a reporting platform into an insight engine that sits at the heart of everything we do for clients. We want to release new dashboards for external and internal use on a monthly basis to rapidly evolve the product. This role would report into our Senior Data Scientist but have the freedom to evolve the FlightDeck platform.
To date we have only utilised API connectors for core measurement platforms such as SA360, GCM and Google Analytics alongside media channels such as Facebook, Google Ads & DV360. We have identified lots of opportunities with other agency tools and platforms that provide APIs and could enhance the user experience. These include SEMrush, SimilarWeb, Adloox, MOAT , Squared.io & SearchConsole to name just a few. The role will involve both configuring the data from these sources and building out new integrated dashboards using the data.
Our plan is to create a suite of add-on dashboards that clients can pay for on an ongoing retainer alongside improving the insights from managed channels to increase organic client investment and improve client retention. Working with the digital and client services teams you will help turn briefs into prototypes for feedback before setting live in a sprint approach. You will need to interpret opportunities and high level briefs into a user friendly solution problem solving and communicating with relevant internal and external stakeholders throughout the process
You will report into our Senior Data Scientist and work alongside our Media Analytics Exec to prioritise projects and ensure delivery of BAU tasks to maintain client dashboards alongside development of new functionality.
We place a strong focus on training and development at The Kite Factory, as such we ensure all our team have a personalised development plan with clear objectives, which are reviewed and refreshed every 6 months. Our head of people runs training programmes across the agency for soft skills, and we offer opportunities to attend external training with partners, industry bodies and qualification providers.
There will be opportunities to get involved with the selling of additional products to existing clients and get involved in new business RFPs and pitches. You will work closely with client teams to identify opportunities and tailor proposals for clients. Essentially you will be a team player and contribute to the wider agency’s development. We require someone who has the passion, drive and tenacity to make a difference.
The Must Haves Technical Skills
- Minimum of 3 years relevant, hands-on experience ideally in the media industry
- Ability to design client facing reporting dashboards using data visualisation tools
- Experience with an online data visualisation platform, ideally Adverity but could be Datorama, PowerBI, Tableau or DataStudio
- Basic knowledge of database structure
- Transforming & manipulating data
- Knowledge of APIs and ideally basic scripting to extract data from
- Problem solving to use the data to create the briefed visualisation
- Intuition to interpret and expand on briefs
Key Soft Skills
- Communication and project management skills
- Experience communicating with senior clients
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Analytical and data driven thinking
- Constantly challenge the status quo
- Adaptable team player with a can do attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure & multi task
- Flexible Working Hours
- Core hours are 09.30 to 5.00 and 7.5 hours per day.
- Our company WFH policy is currently being formalised (but is likely to be 2 days a week) for once the office re-opens which is also TBC
- Other Working Hours
- Summer working from May to September i.e. Friday early leaving at 4pm
- Birthday lie-in – start work at 11.00 and Christmas half day shopping
- Free Private Health Insurance through Vitality and Life Assurance Policy
- Contributory pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- 25 days holiday as standard, increasing in increments to a maximum of 30 days
- Social events all organised from the Social Committee
- 2 half day events in Summer and Christmas and monthly pay day drinks
Get in touch with Alice, our HR & Development Manager to apply.