The Kite Factory mission statement is to take brands to new heights using heart, art and science. We are the free-thinking media agency for brands with big plans.
We have just completed the phase 1 rollout of our new reporting and insight engine which we have called FlightDeck. Using Adverity technology we have created dashboards for all of our existing clients to replace excel based reporting.
The team are now at capacity maintaining the dashboards, setting up new campaigns and onboarding new clients but we have grand plans to launch lots of new functionality and integrations. Adverity have over 400 pre-existing API connectors for easy integration and the capability to support bespoke sources of data which we want to start exploiting.
Our Digital team is growing quickly and having built fantastic foundations in our reporting suite we are hiring two Data Managers to facilitate further automations and bulk data management for our digital clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Digital Media Buyer who has always preferred the more technical side of their role, or for a Data Specialist who’s keen to use (and build on) their media knowledge to make significant agency-wide impact.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Digital team to support with a range of projects to improve our efficiency, rigour, and insight of both our buying and reporting. With the support of our brilliant Data team, the Data Manager will identify new opportunities within reporting (including API partners and connections), data strategy, and media automation and will play a key role in making these a reality, as well as supporting the Digital team with priority data projects such as:
- The creation and implementation of scripts within platforms such as Google and Facebook
- Feed management to support data integrations for media buying (E.g. Google Merchant Centre, business data, call tracking partners)
- Advanced tracking implementation and troubleshooting
The Data Manager will be positioned as a conduit between the Digital and Data teams, identifying opportunities for data to empower our great work and providing the knowledge required to implement solutions for our clients. The Digital team will benefit from the Data Manager’s knowledge and experience in media tracking, data partners and logistics, and automation approaches.
We place a strong focus on training and development at The Kite Factory, as such we ensure all our team have a personalised development plan with clear objectives, which are reviewed and refreshed every 6 months. Our head of people runs training programmes across the agency for soft skills, and we offer opportunities to attend external training with partners, industry bodies and qualification providers.
There will also be opportunities to get involved with the selling of additional products to existing clients and get involved in new business RFPs and pitches.
The Must Haves Technical Skills
- Minimum of 3 years relevant, hands-on experience in digital media
- Ability to design client facing reporting dashboards
- Scripting experience within ad buying platforms e.g. Google Ads
- Basic knowledge of database structure
- Transforming & manipulating data
- Knowledge of APIs and ideally basic scripting to use documentation to extract data
- Intuition to interpret and expand on briefs
- Experience with a data visualisation platform, ideally Adverity could be PowerBI, Tableau or Datarama
Key Soft Skills
- Approachable and positive
- Analytical and data driven thinking
- A passion for troubleshooting and always asking ‘why?’
- Communication and organisation skills to keep projects on track
- Confident in proposing new ideas or alternatives
- Flexible Working Hours
- Core hours are 09.30 to 5.00 and 7.5 hours per day.
- Our company WFH policy is currently being formalised (but is likely to be 2 days a week) for once the office re-opens which is also TBC
- Other Working Hours
- Summer working from May to September i.e. Friday early leaving at 4pm
- Birthday lie-in – start work at 11.00 and Christmas half day shopping
- Wider Perks
- Free Private Health Insurance through Vitality and Life Assurance Policy
- Contributory pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loans
- 25 days holiday as standard, increasing in increments to a maximum of 30 days
- Social events all organised from the Social Committee
- 2 half day events in Summer and Christmas and monthly pay day drinks
Get in touch with Niki, our Director of Search to apply.