We are a free-thinking independent media agency for brands with big plans.In the past 2 years we’ve won 16 awards for our work and invested over £1m in a new automated reporting dashboard to improve our proposition.
We’re a team of 65 media specialists and we’re growing. In the past year The Kite Factory was in the top rankings for new business wins including White Claw, Wargaming, Majestic, Care International and Crisis.
Everything we do at The Kite Factory is underpinned by our foundations,
- Heart – our talented and highly skilled people striving for success.
- Art – Strategic and creative thinking to inform our work.
- Science – Underpinning our recommendation by insight and accountability in measurement.
We’re immensely proud of the culture at The Kite Factory. Our Head of People runs monthly pulse surveys and 6 month deep dives to create a feedback loop and constantly evolve the way we run the agency. We’ve worked hard to build and live by our values, which are:
Think Freely, Aim Higher, Stay Smart, Get Involved and Win Together
Our biggest asset is our people and the rapport they build with each other. To cement those relationships and create the environment we want we have several committees anyone can join including Social, Diversity & Inclusion and Environmental Impact.
Our Organisational Setup
Working at The Kite Factory in the HR team, you will work with, and support people, across the entire business.
- You will work extremely closely with the HR & Development Manager in your day to day role
- You’ll support the SLT with our initiatives in D&I, Mental Health & Wellbeing, and Culture.
- Finally, you’ll be a part of the entire agency of 65+ people. We have a company meeting every week where the SLT present updates on new business, the numbers and our people. The wider agency present case studies and give each other shout outs for great work they have done.
Our Approach To Training & Development
We ensure people receive the rewards and progression they deserve. You can see across the agency lots of senior people who joined as grads and have worked their way up including our MD James! We provide formal reviews for all staff every March and September with check-ins in between to monitor progress against objectives. Everyone’s objectives are tailored to the individual based on peer feedback, line manager observation and employee requests including new workstreams, training and opportunities.
Our training programmes includes a variety of different approaches and there are opportunities at every level for constant personal development.
- Informal knowledge sharing between colleagues focussing on learning by doing
- Formal internal training for both technical and soft skills including presentation storytelling
- Training for industry bodies such as IPA, IAB, & NABS
- Training from external experts
- Access to Xpert HR’s database for self-driven learning
Our Approach To Flexible Working
Work life balance is something we take extremely seriously. We have ongoing initiatives such as blocked out lunch breaks where meetings are banned, an early finish on a Friday and flexible working allowing people to adapt their start times.
We monitor people’s timesheets based on actual hours rather than contractual on an ongoing basis so we can quickly spot trends where people are working excessive hours and address the problem with support, training, resource and work allocation.
The office is currently open on an optional basis with no obligation to go in unless you are comfortable and happy to do so. This will be the approach for the next few months. At the start of 2022 we will move to a hybrid model working from home and the office. We haven’t decided the exact way it will work as we are awaiting clients to determine their new ways of working but we expect it to be 2-3 days in the office in an average week.
We’re looking for someone to support the HR function at The Kite Factory, to take ownership of all elements of HR Admin supporting the whole employee life cycle from recruitment, on-boarding, drafting HR documentation including contracts, offer letters, monitoring attendance, off-boarding and payroll administration.
You’ll be passionate about supporting your colleagues and actively contribute towards making TKF a great place to work. You will have good analytical skills and an eye for data when doing checks on payroll. You will be quick at picking up new systems and have an eye for streamlining processes. Ideally you’ll be looking to step up to HR Advisor level in the next 2-3 years.
Reporting to the People Manager, the HR Assistant will support across all HR programmes and processes:
- Support Heads of Department and hiring managers with the recruitment and onboarding process, including posting job adverts, scheduling interviews and collating feedback.
- Coordinate application and interview process to ensure effectiveness for candidates, the business, and agency partners.
- Support interview training for hiring managers.
- Oversee the induction process and ensure framework and materials are fit for purpose and kept up to date.
- Manage the new starter process including the issuing of contracts, administration of new hire set up and coordination of first day experience.
- Develop and report on key recruitment statistics ie time taken to recruit, candidate sources etc.
- Be the first point of contact for all HR queries.
- Work closely with the HR & Development Manager to monitor, review and update all policies and templates in line with current legislation and best practice, including but not limited to; employee handbook, employee contracts, job descriptions.
- Coordinate probationary period administration and contract extensions.
- Manage changes to contract and communicate these appropriately.
- Manage monthly payroll process with the Finance team and provide support on employee payroll and benefit queries.
- Manage BreatheHR – our HRIS, ensuring employee data and personnel files are accurate and compliant with GDPR and internal standards.
- Manage the leaver process and ensure all exit process are completed on time.
- Provide support to the HR & Development Manager in handling employee relation concerns.
- Provide support on projects and initiatives as needed across the HR function including, but not limited to: D&I, Culture, Mental Health & Wellbeing, Benefits, Recruitment
- Manage our Pulse feedback process – collating data and drawing out actionable findings
- Manage the admin for the bi-annual review process.
- Coordinate training sessions and collate feedback for attendees.
- Support the HR & Development Manager in championing CPD and creating our annual Gold submission.
- Create and maintain a directory of all available training opportunities across the business.
Essential Skills and Attitudes
- 1-2 years generalist HR experience within an HR environment
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Be confident in asking the right questions and challenge when necessary to ensure the right business decisions are made.
- A supporter and contributor to company initiatives – someone who is excited by change and keen to give ideas and initiatives.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Energetic, determined, and proactive
- Fostering good team dynamic and team spirit across the agency
- Demonstrate effective time management skills, be able to multi-task and meet simultaneous deadlines.
Systems and Tools
We would expect a good level of Excel and PowerPoint knowledge and it would be an advantage if you have experience using an HRIS
Get in touch with Alice, our HR & Development Manager to apply.