We’re a media planning & buying agency who create ideas and let them take flight. While they’re soaring, our data driven insights keep us tightly anchored to the real world. Highly creative media solutions that deliver measurable results. Ideas rooted in rigour. There’s nothing better. And because we are independent, we have the freedom to create the right idea for each client, every time.
What we are looking for
Some one that is a curious, motivated and proactive individual who has the passion, drive and tenacity to make a difference! We really want a positive can-do attitude. There is no hierarchy in the Marketing and New Business team and this role can be what you make of it. We would like you to have 18 months of experience in new business at agencies, media owners or clients. We would like you to have experience in these areas:-
- Pitch organisation and pitch support
- Database management for our CRM program
- Power point and InDesign experience
- Great at spotting new business opportunities
- Positive problem solving attitude and happy to manage up in the business but also galvanise the whole agency behind New Business
- Support the pitch team to ensure that all aspects for a successful pitch are in place – great communications skills
- Support the New Business Director to manage the logistics of the pitch – a real problem solver
- Liaise with external suppliers to order collateral required for pitches, designers, video production, media owners and other partner agencies – brilliant at working as a team
- Research prospective new clients to provide pitch teams with intelligence to feed into the process following company overview best practice, using the IPA and uncovering key insight from desk top research
- Creating tender documents, meeting presentations and other accompanying documents for prospective clients – you need an eye for detail and design
- Providing data for new business prospects – we have tools and processes, but we would love you to bring new ideas to the plan
- Updating relevant new business trackers and mailing list – great attention to detail
Skills we need from you
- Brilliant time management and able to multi task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – keeping one step ahead of the New Business Director and supporting the wider team
- Passion – show you really care about your output
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to build relationships across large teams
- Excellent organisational skills
- A proactive approach to work – a real self-starter
What’s in it for you
- 23 days holiday as standard rising in increments to a maximum of 30 days
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free private health insurance
- Quarterly team bonus scheme
- Summer working hours from May to September
- Christmas half day shopping
- Birthday lie in
We are a free-thinking independent media agency for brands with big plans. In the past 2 years we’ve won 16 awards for our work and invested over £1m in a new automated reporting dashboard to improve our proposition.
We’re a team of 65 media specialists and we’re growing. In the past year The Kite Factory was in the top rankings for new business wins including White Claw, Wargaming, Majestic, Care International and Crisis.
Everything we do at The Kite Factory is underpinned by our foundations:
- Heart – our talented and highly skilled people striving for success.
- Art – Strategic and creative thinking to inform our work.
- Science – Underpinning our recommendation by insight and accountability in measurement.
We’re immensely proud of the culture at The Kite Factory. Our Head of People runs monthly pulse surveys and 6 month deep dives to create a feedback loop and constantly evolve the way we run the agency. We’ve worked hard to build and live by our values, which are:
Think Freely, Aim Higher, Stay Smart, Get Involved and Win Together
Our biggest asset is our people and the rapport they build with each other. To cement those relationships and create the environment we want we have several committees anyone can join including Social, Diversity & Inclusion and Environmental Impact.
Our approach to training and development
We ensure people receive the rewards and progression they deserve. You can see across the agency lots of senior people who joined as grads and have worked their way up including our MD James! We provide formal reviews for all staff every March and September with check-ins in between to monitor progress against objectives. Everyone’s objectives are tailored to the individual based on peer feedback, line manager observation and employee requests including new workstreams, training and opportunities.
Our training programmes includes a variety of different approaches and there are opportunities at every level for constant personal development.
- Informal knowledge sharing between colleagues focussing on learning by doing
- Formal internal training for both technical and soft skills including presentation storytelling
- Training from technology and media partners including Facebook and Google
- Training for industry bodies such as IPA, IAB, and NABS
- Training from external experts for line management, client comms and pitching
Work life balance is something we take extremely seriously. We have ongoing initiatives such as blocked out lunch breaks where meetings are banned, an early finish on a Friday and flexible working allowing people to adapt their start times.
We monitor people’s timesheets based on actual hours rather than contractual on an ongoing basis so we can quickly spot trends where people are working excessive hours and address the problem with support, training, resource and work allocation.
The office is currently open on an optional basis with no obligation to go in unless you are comfortable and happy to do so. This will be the approach for the next few months. At the start of 2022 we will move to a hybrid model working from home and the office. We haven’t decided the exact way it will work as we are awaiting clients to determine their new ways of working but we expect it to be 2-3 days in the office in an average week.
Get in touch with Alice, our HR & Development Manager to apply.