Who we are
We’re the free-thinking media agency for brands with big plans. We enhance reach, reputation and revenue by giving every client the best in heart, art and science, which means going the extra mile to understand their world and collaborating to create market-leading strategies, anchored in intelligent data.
What we are looking for
A curious, motivated, and proactive individual who has the passion, drive and tenacity to make a difference! As a Project Manager, you will have the day-to-day responsibility of supporting the agency’s New Business activity alongside the New Business Director, Marketing Director, and Marketing Executive.
We would like you to have at least two years’ experience in project management at agencies, media owners or clients, with core experience in the following areas: –
- Meeting organisation and logistics
- Document creation and writing for new business tenders and case studies
- Database and CRM management
- PowerPoint / presentation and InDesign design experience preferable
- Lead the logistics of client meetings and become a reliable and trusted owner of pitch action plans
- Leading the project management of tender documents, client meeting presentations and other accompanying documents for clients, you need an eye for detail and design
- Liaise with external suppliers to organise collateral required for pitches, designers, video production, media owners and other partner agencies, brilliant at working as a team
- Research prospective new clients following company overview best practice, uncovering key insight from desktop research
- Managing the business trackers, reporting, and mailing lists
Skills we need from you
The project management role is pivotal for the successful running of a media agency, acting as the key day-to-day contact for the Senior Leadership team, ensuring that, as an agency, we are delivering the highest quality work for our prospective clients. This is a varied and exciting role, requiring a keen analytical eye.
- Understands the value of marketing and how it can drive growth with clients
- Positive problem-solving attitude and happy to manage up in the business
- Passion – show you really care about your output and galvanise the whole agency behind new biz
- Ability to build relationships across large teams internally and professionally communicate with clients
- Brilliant time management and able to multitask
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- A proactive approach to work – a real self-starter
- Have strong project management skills
The Kite Factory Benefits
- 25 days holiday as standard rising in increments to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working hours – talk to us about it
- Free eye test
- Access to Bippit, an all-in-one financial wellbeing platform, which includes unlimited 1:1 coaching from a finance professional.
- Hybrid working policy
- Social events to include 2 half day events in the summer and Christmas, monthly pay day drinks, quarterly staff quiz – all organised through our social committee.
- Birthday lie in – start work at 11:00
- 4pm finish on a Friday
- Christmas half day shopping
- Breakfast and fruit throughout the week
In the past 2 years we’ve won 16 awards for our work and invested over £1m in a new automated reporting dashboard to improve our proposition.
We’re a team of 101 media specialists and we’re growing. In the past year The Kite Factory was in the top rankings for new business wins including White Claw, Wargaming, Majestic, Care International and Crisis. We’ve recently been included on Campaign’s Best Places to Work list and hold a Platinum status with the IPA for our dedication to learning and development.
Everything we do at The Kite Factory is underpinned by our foundations,
- Heart – our talented and highly skilled people striving for success.
- Art – Strategic and creative thinking to inform our work.
- Science – Underpinning our recommendation by insight and accountability in measurement.
We’re immensely proud of the culture at The Kite Factory. Our Head of People runs quarterly pulse surveys to create a feedback loop and constantly evolve the way we run the agency. We’ve worked hard to build and live by our values, which are: Think Freely, Aim Higher, Stay Smart, Get Involved and Win Together.
Our biggest asset is our people and the rapport they build with each other. To cement those relationships and create the environment we want we have several committees anyone can join including Social, Diversity & Inclusion and Environmental Impact.
Our organisational set
The standout candidate will have some experience of the above and be looking to develop their career, taking on more responsibility to begin making a bigger impact with clients and within an exciting and growing agency.
Working at The Kite Factory you will feel a part of a team at several different levels:
- You will work extremely closely with the senior management and the client teams, across digital, offline, measurement and trading
- You will be part of a passionate agency that are on a growth trajectory, and you will become part of that success
- Looks to challenge and evolve existing ways of working to improve internal processes and take our growth to the next level
Our approach to training and development
We ensure people receive the rewards and progression they deserve. You can see across the agency lots of senior people who joined as grads and have worked their way up including our MD James! We provide formal reviews for all staff every March and September with check-ins in between to monitor progress against objectives. Everyone’s objectives are tailored to the individual based on peer feedback, line manager observation and employee requests including new workstreams, training and opportunities.
Our training programmes includes a variety of different approaches and there are opportunities at every level for constant personal development.
- Informal knowledge sharing between colleagues focussing on learning by doing
- Formal internal training for both technical and soft skills including presentation storytelling
- Training for industry bodies such as IPA, IAB, and NABS
- Training from external experts for line management, client comms and pitching
Work life balance is something we take extremely seriously. We have ongoing initiatives such as blocked out lunch breaks where meetings are banned, an early finish on a Friday and flexible working allowing people to adapt their start times.
We monitor people’s timesheets based on actual hours rather than contractual on an ongoing basis so we can quickly spot trends where people are working excessive hours and address the problem with support, training, resource and work allocation.
We have now reopened the offices and currently ask all staff to come in for a minimum of 5 days/month. Individuals can choose which days they come in, and may sometimes need to come in for extra days in a month for any of the following reasons:
- Team meetings and 1:1s
- Pitch preparation
- Client meetings
Please get in touch with Rochelle, our HR assistant to apply.