We are a multi award winning free-thinking media agency for brands with big plans.
We’ve won 16 awards for clients, including DMA Gold awards, Drum Marketing, Drum MOMA, Third Sector, Campaigns for Good, National Fundraising and Performance Marketing Awards with plenty more in the pipeline.
We’re a team of 60 media specialists and we’re growing. So are our clients, in the past year The Kite Factory was in the top rankings for new business wins and this doesn’t happen by accident. As well as our own significant expertise we are supported by an innovation network both online and offline. Everything we do at The Kite Factory is underpinned by our foundations:
Heart – our talented and highly skilled people striving for success.
Art – Strategic and creative thinking to inform our work.
Science – Underpinning our recommendation by insight and accountability in measurement.
Our clients include the likes of David Lloyd, The Lawn Tennis Association, White Claw, Wargaming, Flight Centre, Comic Relief and many more. We are totally committed to delivering tangible success for our clients right through the funnel, from innovative strategic and creative thinking right through to data fuelled insights to deliver accountability and growth. We strive to build deep and meaningful partnerships with our clients ultimately becoming an extension of their business.
We’re immensely proud of the culture at The Kite Factory. A recent agency survey suggests we’re doing things right with a high engagement level across all areas. We’ve worked hard to build and live by our values, we hold them dearly and we have a clear view of our key attributes:
Because we’re independent, we’re not tied down to one way of doing things. Instead, we’re free to explore, experiment and embrace innovative ways to help clients hit new heights. Collectively, we think more creatively; bigger, braver and without boundaries.
We continuously push ourselves beyond comfort zones, client expectations, and traditional job titles. We don’t just take briefs, we help make them, then exceed them. We hold ourselves accountable for excellence in every area. We keep going until we’re all proud of the effort, work and results we’ve delivered.
We’re always listening, learning and looking ahead to make sure we’re at the sharp edge of the industry. We make smart decisions based on science, data and intelligence, not intuition. We seek out new ideas, technologies and methodologies to give our clients an unfair advantage.
We are flexible and we are committed.
We speak up with passion and give space for fresh ideas. We get stuck-in and support each other with team spirit. And we go further to understand our clients world and work from the inside, out. Because the best results come from collaborating on the front lines, not watching quietly from the sidelines.
We recognise and celebrate wins of all sizes, from all people, in all areas of our business. And we lift each other up when things get a bit stormy. Every voice and viewpoint is welcomed, and we share our vision and values internally, as well as with the brands and people we work with.
We have a diverse client portfolio at The Kite Factory and you will be working on a mixture of leading not-for-profit, B2C as well as sport & leisure advertisers. The senior account manager will report directly into the account director and they are expected to be a leading figure in creating, enhancing and analysing media plans across their account groups underpinned by clear strategic thinking. Working collaboratively with their team, the role spans the process through from briefing to delivery and reporting. The Senior Account Manager will generate media ideas, identify target audiences, and use relevant insight to interpret a media strategy into a media plan. We’re driven to deliver the best outcomes for our clients. This mean a successful candidate will be analytically minded and will continuously analyse, interpret, and act on campaign data to inform in-campaign decision making as well as future campaign planning. You will also be expected to coach and mentor direct reports to develop progression plans.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking which can translate into media implementation.
- Evolve existing ways of working to take client success to the next level.
- Build an understanding of your client’s marketing operation, from market context to their internal workings to establish yourself and TKF as a true partner.
- Provide coaching to the account executive and senior executive when required.
- Attend and lead client meetings where appropriate.
- Negotiate with media owners ensuring you deliver the very best value to your clients.
- Manage client reporting – collating data across teams and / or media platforms to create actionable insights.
- Lead the charge in creating meaningful post campaign reviews that include relevant insights and key learnings for the client
- Be the lead day-to-day contact with client counterparts
- Strive for excellence in your work and bring others along with you
- Expectation to contribute to broader agency initiatives to keep TKF on the cutting edge of progress in the industry.
- Have a good understanding of the agencies commercial agenda and contribute in areas you can affect.
- Lead strategic thinking for your clients business.
- Interrogate client briefs to ensure a high-quality planning and results.
- Have an expert understanding of your clients overall business dynamics
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of clients & agency
- Create trust with clients to get onboard with your thought leadership.
- Feed insight and fresh thinking
Media Owner & Supplier Facing
- Maintain and strengthen media owner relationships across all media types
- Have the necessary confidence and skills to negotiate effectively, driving the agencies commercial agenda and the success of your clients
- Represent The Kite Factory at media owner and supplier functions
- Proactively support your team in ensuring regular day to day work is delivered
- Build positive relationships with team members
- Demonstrate a curiosity and willingness to share ideas with the wider team
- Have a point of view and be confident enough to share this with your manager and department.
- Be comfortable with holding both junior and senior stakeholders accountable for the quality of work produced.
- Respond to clients in a timely manner with regards to all enquiries
- Be insight and strategy led
- Understand internal structure of clients marketing operations
- Interpret media strategies into effective media plans
- Demonstrate effective negotiation
- Manage process from briefing to plan delivery and reporting
- Contribute to new business when required to do so.
- Ensure all work delivered is accurate and of the standard expected by The Kite Factory
Essential Skills and Attitudes
- A supporter and contributor to company initiatives – get involved!
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and numerical ability – particularly excel
- Energetic, determined and proactive
- Fostering good team dynamic and team spirit across the agency
- Enthusiastic, determined and resilient
- Demonstrate effective time management skills
- Strong understanding of media terminology and concepts
- Have the ability to plan across the whole media mix
Systems and Tools
We would expect a high level of Excel and PowerPoint expertise and it would be an advantage if you have a high level of experience using any of the following;
- TGI / Touchpoints (IMS)
- AdDynamix / Ad Intel
- Google Analytics
The Kite Factory Benefits
- 25 days holiday as standard rising in increments to a maximum of 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working hours – talk to us about it
- Childcare Vouchers
- Free eye test
- Working from home available
- Social events to include 2 half day events in the summer and Christmas, monthly pay day drinks, quarterly staff quiz – all organised through our social committee.
- Birthday lie in – start work at 11:00
- Summer working hours from May to September – leave early on a Friday at 4pm
- Christmas half day shopping
- Breakfast and fruit throughout the week
Please get in touch with Rochelle, our HR assistant to apply.