Who we are
We’re a media planning & buying agency who create ideas for brands with big plans and let them take flight. While they’re soaring, our data driven insights keep us tightly anchored to the real world. Highly creative media solutions that deliver measurable results. Ideas rooted in rigour. There’s nothing better.
We enhance reach, reputation and revenue by giving every client the best in Heart, Art and Science; which means going the extra mile to understand their world and collaborating to create market-leading strategies, anchored in intelligent data. And because we are independent, we have the freedom to create the right idea for each client, every time.
With a team of over 90 media specialists and growing, in the past year The Kite Factory was in the top rankings for new business wins including White Claw, Wargaming, Majestic, Care International and Crisis. We’re so proud to have recently been included on Campaign’s Best Places to Work list and hold a Platinum status with the IPA for our dedication to learning and development.
What we are looking for
We’re looking for candidates that want to push the boundaries with clients, whilst still being able to deliver excellent results. You should also be able to strike the balance between analytical thinking and creative thinking. Collaboration between teams and with clients is also key to success here. We expect people to take initiative and drive things forward for their team and clients.
Platform split: 40% social, 40% display, 20% search
This role is a varied and cross channel one, we do not expect candidates to have in depth experience in all three and ongoing support will be provided by your Account Director for any channels you do not have extensive experience in.
This role is also very hands on with campaigns, overseeing and managing campaign builds, copywriting, keyword and targeting expansion, optimisation and overall development. This will be across all three channels and you will be expected to operate your team fairly independently.
You will produce cross channel weekly reports for all client’s campaigns, as well as the commentary containing observations, insights, and recommendations. All reporting is created using FlightDeck our online reporting system which you will be responsible for updating and maintaining on a weekly basis.
You will be line managing a two juniors, who will support you in delivering the above. You will be responsible for their training and development, output and quality of work, and oversee the areas they take full ownership of including reporting and monthly invoicing. We have a working framework including a digital handbook which includes daily campaign monitoring, weekly campaign optimisations and monthly finance processes.
This role is also client-facing, taking ownership of the digital weekly calls, monthly meetings, and day to day emails and requests, with the support of your team. Additionally, we work very closely with our Client Services Team, who are the central point of client management across all channels. You will work with the Client Services team on your accounts to ensure we are delighting clients and continually developing our accounts and strategies, as well as integrating with wider marketing efforts.
We place a strong focus on training and development at The Kite Factory, as such we ensure all our team have a personalised development plan with clear objectives, which are reviewed and refreshed every 6 months. We provide ongoing on the job training, knowledge share sessions, department hops, external training (IAB, IPA, NABs) and partner training (Google, Squared etc). We are IPA CPD platinum accredited – only 1% of UK agencies have this.
There will be lots of opportunity to sell additional services to existing clients and get involved in new business pitches. Finally, there are also opportunities to become a department champion in an area of expertise that you would like to bring to the agency. This would include knowledge sharing sessions and organising lunch and learns with key partners. We require someone who has the passion, drive and tenacity to make a difference.
Key people in the Digital Department;
- Ben Foster, Managing Partner of Digital
- Gabby Krite, Head of Digital Operations
- Niki Grant, Head of Search
- Simi Gill, Digital Account Director
- Megan Ashdown, Digital Account Director
Skills and experience
The must haves
- Minimum of 4 years relevant, implementational/hands-on experience
- Advanced hands-on experience in AdWords/Microsoft Search Ads and/or Facebook Ads Manager
- Analytical skills with the ability to provide actionable insights
- Microsoft office skills, including Excel and Powerpoint
- Client-facing skills to build trust and rapport with stakeholders
- Experience in running performance/direct response campaigns
- People management experience including managing upwards
The nice-to haves
- Media agency experience
- Hands-on experience with bid management software and Google Campaign Manager
- Hands-on experience with complimentary technology such as Squared.io, SEMrush and Scope
- Hands-on experience with finance tools such as Prisma
- Attention to detail & business acumen
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well under pressure & multi task
- Proactive, entrepreneurial & problem-solving
- Adaptability, flexibility & can-do attitude
We’re immensely proud of the culture at The Kite Factory. We run quarterly pulse surveys to create a feedback loop and constantly evolve the way we run the agency. All voices are heard and listened to, and we’ve worked hard to build and live by our values, which are: Think Freely, Aim Higher, Stay Smart, Get Involved and Win Together.
Our biggest asset is our people and the rapport they build with each other. To cement those relationships and create a supportive and inclusive culture we have several committees anyone can join including Social, Diversity & Inclusion and Environmental Impact.
What’s in it for you
As well as working with some of the best people in the industry, we offer a competitive salary, a range of benefits, a huge focus on training and development with dedicated training time, partnerships with industry specialists, and the opportunity to progress and develop your career with the support of a fantastic team.
Inclusivity and belonging
At The Kite Factory, we welcome applications from all walks of life including those who are under-represented in our industry. We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive place to work where everyone feels they can belong and celebrate each other’s differences. It’s so important to us that all voices are heard and listened to so that we can truly create an inclusive place to work where our teams can thrive.
- 25 days holiday increasing by 1 day each year up to 30 days – plus English bank holidays and the chance to have partial days off over the Christmas period.
- Birthday lie in – To ensure you start your special day well rested, we give you a late start of11am.
- Christmas shopping half day – Half a day on the lead up to the Christmas period to spend half a day shopping, or doing something festive!
- Life Assurance – For peace of mind, you will receive Life Assurance cover from day one. If the worst should happen, your nominated beneficiaries would receive four times your annual salary.
- Pension Scheme – You will be auto enrolled into our pension scheme after 3 months of service, although you may join immediately if you wish. We have a tax-efficient arrangement with you contributing 5% and us contributing 3% totalling 8%.
- Free bar – Every other week we all get together as an agency at our host our Thursday Meeting (TAM!) in our reception area, the whole company is invited to help themselves to a well-deserved drink of your choice, including soft drinks, tea, coffee, beer and wine.
- Discounts – Discounted rates on discounts a range of restaurants, bars and beauty salons around the area including: Flight Club, Zizzi, Eton Crop, Nails & Brows, Honest Burgers and many more!
- 4pm Friday finish – Get an early start to the weekend with our 4pm finish on a Friday!
- Flexible hours – core hours between 9:30am – 5pm with 7.5 hours per day
- Hybrid working – a minimum of 5 days per month in the office with an expected average of 8 days per month
- Socials! – events organised from the Social Committee – 2 half day events in Summer and Christmas and frequent socials
- Season ticket loan – We will lend you the money, interest free, to cover your season ticket to work.
- Cycle Scheme – If you’re a keen cyclist (or would like to be one!) through our partnership with Cycle to Work, you can get yourself kitted out with a new bike on a hire agreement.
- Eye tests – We will contribute £25 towards an annual eye test if you need them for using your computer.
- Private medical care – Once you have passed your probation, you will be eligible to opt into our private medical scheme through AXA. This provides you with access to private care for medical conditions including dental, giving you peace of mind that you can get treatment when you need it.
- Long-Service awards – To thank you for growing with The Kite Factory each year, we send a thank you gift to all employees.
- Finder’s fee – We are always looking for top talent so, if you recommend someone that we hire, you could earn yourself a cash bonus!
Please note, these benefits are subject to change and are not contractual.
Please get in touch with Rochelle, our HR assistant to apply.